When considering endorsements for federal office (U.S.
House and Senate races), VFF-PAC asks prospective
candidates to answer the ten (10) questions listed below. In
addition to candidate responses, VFF-PAC
considers the race's relevance to national security, feasibility of
impact, candidate viability, and symbolic importance before making
1) Please outline your previous
2) Did you serve in Iraq or
Afghanistan? Provide details.
3) What is your position on the war in
Afghanistan? Similarly, do you agree or disagree
with President Obama's surge of forces to Afghanistan in
4) What is your position on the war in
Iraq and the 2007 surge of American forces?
Similarly, what is your view of current American policy in
5) Should the detention center at
Guantanamo Bay, Cuba be closed? Either way, describe
considerations and options.
6) Should the United States bring
terrorism detainees to trial in civilian courts or
in military commission courts?
7) Should Iran be allowed to procure
nuclear weapons? Would you support decisive U.S.
action--militarily or otherwise--to prevent a nuclear Iran?
8) What role should American
power--militarily and economically--play in the world?
9) What is the legacy of America's
post-9/11 warrior class? If elected, how do you plan
to influence this legacy?
10) Why do you want to serve in elected